If you’ve made the choice to move your home or building from a previous cooling system to a modern central air conditioning format, you’ve made a great decision. Central cooling systems are a quieter, more efficient alternative to other cooling formats out there, especially expensive window units.
At Action Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electrical we’re proud to offer central air conditioning installation as part of our comprehensive central AC services, which also include detailed repairs and tune-ups. Are there are particular areas where you should prepare your home or building for an upcoming installation of a central air system? The answer is yes, though most of these preparation areas are very simple. Let’s take a look.
Prior to Installation
In the days and weeks leading up to a central air installation, there are a few basic tasks to consider:
- Choosing the right HVAC partner: For starters, you want to ensure you’re receiving services from a company like ours – a reputable, licensed and insured group of HVAC professionals with extensive experience in the industry. We welcome any and all questions you have about our credentials or experience with your exact type of central air system. Any company that isn’t so open, or can’t provide detailed certifications and review information, should not be trusted.
- Space and access: Once you’ve arranged your installation partner, it’s time to ensure the space is properly organized for your appointment. Clear out the area where the new AC unit will be installed, plus do your best to limit any clutter or debris in common pathways that HVAC pros may need to navigate.
- Duct cleaning and sealing: This is a great time to inspect, clean and seal your air ducts throughout the home. We’re happy to assist you with any of these elements, including professional duct sealing to ensure your new system works optimally.
Day of Installation
- Ask plenty of questions: If you are unsure about any part of this process, whether it’s the installation time, warranty details or operation concerns, ask them! Our technicians are happy to answer and make things a bit simpler for you in any area where you have concerns.
- Payment: Find out the preferred methods of payment in advance, and have one ready at the time of service so everything moves smoothly.
- Maintenance and upkeep: If offered, it’s often a prudent move to sign up for a maintenance plan for your new central AC system. You can usually schedule your first maintenance appointment the same day as your installation, plus go over any warranty or related details that may impact this area.
For more on preparing your home for central air conditioning installation, or to learn about any of our plumbing or HVAC services, speak to the pros at Action Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electrical today.