Mini-Split Ductless Heating Systems
in Salt Lake City
Mini-split ductless heating systems are intended to heat or cool a smaller area, and they enable you to control the temperature in individual rooms.
They have two main parts: an indoor air-handling unit (also known as the evaporator) and an outdoor compressor/condenser. Want to know if they’ll work for your home? Call us today.
Mini-Splits for Your Home
A mini-split doesn’t use ducts to transfer warm or cool air. Instead, it uses a refrigerant line. The compressor outside applies pressure to the refrigerant, which is then dispersed through the lines connected to the indoor unit.
To install a mini-split, our technicians only need to make a 3-inch hole in the wall to let the conduits pass through. You also have the option of connecting several indoor units to one outdoor compressor.
What makes a mini-split better than traditional heating and cooling systems?
- No Ductwork Needed – Mini-splits are good for houses that don’t have ductwork.
- Zone Control – Mini-splits enable you to control the temperature in specific parts of your home, meaning everyone in your house can be more comfortable. You can also lower the heat in out-of-way locations in your house, helping you to save money.
- Quiet Operation – Unlike traditional heating and cooling systems, mini-splits are quieter — much quieter than traditional air conditioners.
- Extra Control Features – Mini-splits offer homeowners greater convenience. For instance, many come with remote control operation, which is handy when you have units in hard-to-reach locations.
- Better Air Quality – Systems with air ducts are notorious for collecting dust and blowing it around your house. But mini-splits, which are ductless, make for cleaner, healthier air.
- Less Expensive – Mini-splits use a fraction of the energy other heating systems use. This is because they usually have more efficient compressors and fans, which allow them to adjust the speed and reduce energy consumption.
- Versatile – Because they’re ductless, you can mount mini-splits on the wall or ceiling. You can choose from a number of sizes based on the space you want to heat. Have a newly renovated room or basement? A mini-split would be perfect.
Interested in installing mini-splits in your home? Contact Action Plumbing, Heating & Electric today. We offer free estimates.
Are you following us on Facebook? Like and follow our page for great tips and tricks to extend the life of your Air Conditioner and Central Air systems!
Don’t forget to follow Action Dog too!